[OBDF310] Final Blog Post: What I've been through this semester

Before the start of this semester, I thought this class was suitable for online learning. Now that I have finished all the classes, I feel that I could have experienced more abundant and more diverse things through this class. However, there are more tools available to me, including Rhino, Grashopper, Fusion 360, 3d printer, laser cutter and CNC, I feel that my willingness to make a work using CAD is only beginning.


1. MY FIRST DEFINITION 

 It's my first time using grasshopper. So I just want to creat a simple and whimsical tunnel shape with Grasshopper. I can't imagine what I can make with this software. So, I followed the explanation step by step and tried to make a shape. 





2. ANIMATION

For gif to look more interesting, I need a lot of movement, so I think the beginning and the end should be completely different. In terms of shape, I tried to make a flower. Array polar command is really helpful in making flower shapes.




3.LASER CUT TILE

Through this project, I was able to get the tile that I really wanted. If I could cut ceramic tiles with laser cutter, I would like to put it in my bathroom or kitchen.




4.Parametric Vessel

I was inspired by architecture and produced this project.

I used to use the contour command to make chess piece in obdf210 class, I applied it to this project because I thought it would be available in Grasshopper as well.






5. Parametric Furniture






6.Paneled Structure

I wanted to make a lamp shade through this project. The center had to be emptied so that the lights could be put in.










7.
CNC Relief Tile (design and CAM simulation)

I was working on a hand theme, which is like 2D painting. So, I wanted to implement a 3D hand through the cnc technique.











Comments