PARAMETRIC FURNITURE


For this project, I am going to make a simple round table with arched leg.

First, I use arch definition to get the leg. But I am not familar with this definiton. So I look up some tutorials on YouTube. https://youtu.be/quZcEQ7UyCE this link is super helpful.






During this I have one problem. 

When I make thickness of the arch, I am not able to make flat bottom. Because I offset the curve. Then, my offset curve and the original curve was not horizontal in z -axis. I tried many things, but all of them failed.  

When I am done with the leg part. I make a table top. So I pick the arch and then select the top point of the arc. So table top always need to be top of the leg. 

As you see my GIF, my table top move up and down......Therefore, at some point my table would not exist in the real world. 

But I really like the offset one leg and the table shape.  









Comments