Jewellery Casting from 3D Printed Model

Hey, guys
Today, I am going to introduce jewellery casting from 3D printed model.
In the last blog posting, I made a ring design for 3D print.
This is the ring design I made using rhino program.




Here is a real model from 3D printer!!!
My ring is very small and thin, so I used support material.
When I saw the model on the computer, it looked good to print 3D printed model.
but, I think I need to change my rhino model.




Here is my final 3D printed PLA model. (changed the thickness and size)


Then, I am ready to Jewellery casting it!

Check this link, if you don't know what jewellery casting is.


I sprue it after 3D printed with wax.
If you do sprue in Rhion progam and print whole thing,
It would be more easier to casting.

There is my bronze ring model!
I am going to make a rubber mold with this.
That's why I left the sprue part.




Comments