Reverse Engineered Object: Progress 1

I decide my object as a cold blew coffee maker.
I drew my object to document its measurements.(This is a kind of back up). When I drew it, I could get the ideas how to make it with rhino. And, I tried to measure to 0.00mm accurately. Because this is my second time that I reverse engineered this object.


When I made a bottom pot , large part was made of revolve command. It was really difficult to make the spout accurately. At first time, I had no idea how to make it, so I used points of the circle. During the last class in the school, I could get an idea for this. so this time, I used the loft command. Therefore, It looks almost like the original.






Next, I made the top part. I had no difficulty with this. It has pretty straightforward construction. Also, I used the revolve command. 
but I didn't know how to draw the white line on the glass surface. 
So I just skipped that part.  









Then I made two silicon molds that connect to this top part. 






There is a matching part between outline silhouette of the top glass part and the inline of the silicon mold. So, I left the silhouette. I used revolve command to create the outline of the silicon mold. and then I used the boolean difference command to match the top glass part.

For the bottom silicon part, I created the cylindrical form first and then put together each shape. Trapezoidal shapes used loft command, the dent part of the inline used boolean difference from the top glass part.




Comments